Wednesday 29 March 2017

Welcome to the Short Bald Runner's Blog!

Welcome!

In arriving here you are more than likely interested in running some ultramarathons, or at least reading about them. I hope to include all my race reports here (of which there should be an awful lot), as well as some gear reviews/advice and any handy tips/tricks I have picked up along the way.


Obligatory super action shot!

I am certainly not a "gun" runner, but I can hold my own and aim to finish in the top 5% of races where I can, and whatever i lack in speed, I think I make up for it in experience!

Race reports follow a general structure of:

Course Details - location and elevation
Race Planning - details of gear used, nutrition and race strategy
The Race - how it went
Summary and Ratings - good and bad points, plus the course ratings including:
Toughness: how hard is the course?
Runnability: how much of the course can be run as opposed to hiking/walking/stair climbing?
Fun Factor: speaks for itself - how much fun is the event?
TOOPP (Toys Out Of Pram Potential): a category born from 2 occasions - one during The North Face 100 Hong Kong at Pat Sin Leng (if you've run it, you'll know damn well why), and the other at Buffalo Stampede 2015 Mick's Track (again, once you've run it....). :)

I hope you find something useful here - please keep comments clean!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Ultra Trail Australia 2018 Race Report

Popular Posts